Saturday, August 25, 2012

Things I've run across this week that I haven't had time to post about:

--Taxmageddon: I'm getting pretty tired of watching my paycheck shrink, but I am increasingly of the mind that we may as well let this happen and get it over with. I really don't see at this point any hope that it won't eventually destroy what it's going to destroy, so why not let it fuck things up now rather than later?

--Speaking of disaster scenarios, I heart this: Everybody Jump. I predict that casualties may be even higher due to the notorious awfulness of Rhode Island drivers. How bad are they? We Massholes get scared when we see a RI plate.

--Unnecessary Testing: This is a question that is also debated all over the mommy boards and blogs in respect to the necessity of C-Sections. I'm not going to tackle the complexities involved right now, but there is clearly a point at which it's time to say enough, and I've been in a situation where testing was clearly pursued far beyond the point of reason. Interesting question, though, and one that needs to be considered closely in the current environment.

--I don't even know where to start with the Mass healthcare bullshit. Deval Patrick no doubt has made things worse than they could have been through poor implementation, but Romney was instrumental in setting up the framework for him to screw it up in. This is most of the reason why I declared at the time that I would never, never vote for Romney in a Presidential race. Amazingly enough, we wound up with a race against an administration so vile that I'll have to swallow my objections and vote for the son of a bitch.

--If T-Mobile keeps their new unlimited data plan, I may finally switch from Verizon. I'm accustomed to not having to keep track of these things now, and I have no desire to roll that back, even though I don't use enough data for it to be a problem. I think it's a good business move for them after Verizon eliminated their unlimited plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment